Sleeps 16 to 18 – (Max 20)
SORRY NO DOGS
PEKES is a tile hung TUDOR MANOR HOUSE on three floors with oak-beamed ceilings, panelled rooms, and a croquet lawn. It is situated in unspoilt countryside up a drive of about 350 yards. This makes it peaceful and secluded and safe from the road.
At the back it looks out over a large lawn approx: the size of 2 tennis courts. The lawn badminton court is marked out at the near end of the lawn. The croquet is set up at the far end. This lawn is exclusively for the use of visitors to Pekes. The hard tennis court is out of sight and shared with other visitors.
There are 8 double bedrooms, large kitchen and kitchen annexe, 4 bathrooms (2 with bath, WC and basin, 2 with modern shower, WC and basin) and 3 reception rooms. There is full oil-fired central heating. Eggs and vegetables are usually available from the gardener. Cooking, cleaning and nanny help is usually available on request.
There is a pay phone for outgoing and incoming calls
(01825 873 048)
Oak Panelled Hall with brick walk up to the entrance porch (12’ x 16’). Oak Panelled Cloakroom with basin. WC and shower (real modern mixer shower). Oak Panelled Dining Room (24’x16’) with beamed ceiling, polished wood floor, large dining table to seat 12 (has seated 18!) Fireplace with armchairs arranged around it, with the dining table at the far end of the room making 2 living rooms.
For large parties we change this arrangement, so that the existing large dining room table and an extra extension to it, runs down the centre of the dining room, allowing 26 people to sit down comfortably.
There is a stereo system in the dining room with amplifier, CD player and radio.
TV room (14’x24’) with polished parquet floor, oak beams, piano and colour TV, DVD player and VCR. This room is relatively small for the size of the house.
Kitchen (25’x16’) consisting of original brick floor, oak beams, large old working fireplace, table which seats 12, oil-fired AGA, microwave, larder fridge and spotlighting dimmer switches making this one of the most attractive rooms, with exceptional views of 8 miles of countryside.
A working harmonium is in the kitchen.
Kitchen annexe with fridge/freezer, dishwasher, electric cooker, 2 sinks (there is a third sink by the AGA in the main kitchen), 11lb fully automatic washing machine. There is also a larder fridge in the main kitchen and usually an extra fridge/freezer in the games room! There is plenty of equipment for up to 26 people. Two or three cots and high chairs are available.
FIRST FLOOR – 5 BEDROOMS
1. Renato’s room. Double bedroom with oak panelling and a four poster bed (small but long 4’ double).
2. Jasmine’s room. Yellow bedroom hung with old prints (2×3’3’’ beds).
3. Harold’s room. Black and white bedroom with beams and armour chest! (2×3’ beds). There is also a ‘Z’ bed in this room.
4. Mary’s room. Double bedroom (smaller) black and white beams (1×4’6’’ bed).
5. Doug and Eva’s room. Double bedroom (1×4’6’’ bed) black and white with beams and adjacent ironing room with airing cupboard and tumble dryer. There is also a 3’ divan in this room.
Two bathrooms with WC, basin and bath, one with constant hot water, the other with immersion heater. Third bathroom with WC, basin and electric shower.
SECOND FLOOR – 3 BEDROOMS
6. The Old Nursery. Large double bedroom (1×4’6” double bed) plus (1×2’6” divan) with 3 windows, nice views.
7. The Night Nursery. Smaller bedroom with (2×3’ beds).
8. The Nannies room. Top bedroom with (2×3’ beds and a 2’6’’divan)
The whole estate comprises 28 acres in all. Other visitors have general use of parts of these. You will not be disturbed however – the big lawn is private and it is a very quiet secluded spot.
PEKES MANOR HOUSENASH STREET, GOLDEN CROSS near HAILSHAM, SUSSEX BN27 4AD
Phone for visitors’ use